Lochbridge, Detroit, MI, 2015-Present
Data Science Consultant – Team Lead
- Led team of data scientists for machine learning applications, anomaly detection, and analysis of sensor data for IoT applications.
- Built analytics engine for processing of batch and real-time streaming data in Apache Spark on AWS cloud computing platform.
- Established an company center of knowledge for Data Science practices using R and Python.
- Developed custom pricing models for an RFP response.
Marketing Associates/Magnify Analytics, Detroit, MI, 2013 – 2015
Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant – Manager
- Onsite Data Science lead and manager for Voice of the Customer text analytics team for Fortune 100 company. Implemented text classification based on linguistic and frequency measures. Used machine learning to perform semi-supervised classification of text data using SAS, R. Extracted data for analysis using Hive. Developed tools for measuring classification metrics using SAS Enterprise Miner. Built key visualizations for measuring and comparing project progress using SAS Enterprise Guide, Tableau.
- Led winning team for Connected Vehicle Analytics Challenge project integrating vehicle telemetry, and sensor data with customer information to enhance and build customer-centered predictive models using R, Python, QGIS, Hive, and Tableau.
- Generated predictive models for customer behavior (likelihood to purchase, defect, credit risk, etc.) using R, and SAS. Build an imputation model in R to improve predictive accuracy of predictive modeling by 15%.
- Initiated learning sessions covering topics including Pig, Hive, and machine learning methods
PageKicker (Early Stage Startup), Ann Arbor, MI, 2013
Search and Natural Language Processing Technical Lead
- Developed machine generated text summarization methods and analytical metrics for natural language processing startup specializing in automated generation of content using Python programming.
- Built Python programs to call APIs to enhance automated information retrieval
University of Michigan Life Sciences Institute, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010-2013
National Research Service Award Postdoctoral Fellow
- Imaged and analyzed large data sets comprising thousands of noise electron microscope images for structural study of protein complexes.
- Discovered biologically significant sub- step in ribosome maturation through 3-D modeling, image clustering and classification using Python, C, and custom applications.
- Led international collaboration with colleagues in Beijing, China for sample preparation, automated image collection and processing.
2005 – 2010 University of Michigan
Ph.D., M.S. in Applied Physics
Doctoral dissertation study of small scale laser damage for use in microfluidic biomedical devices. Excelled in a core curriculum of physics courses with elective work in statistics, biostatistics, machine learning.
Awarded: Ph.D. Preliminary Exam – Pass with Distinction
2000 – 2004 Vanderbilt University
B.S. in Physics, Engineering Science
Awarded: Summa Cum Laude, Engineering Science Program Award, VUSE Outstanding Scholar, Charles K. Bruce Honors Scholarship